Uninsured and Untraced Drivers

    Uninsured Road Accident Claim

    If you have been unfortunate enough to have been involved in a road traffic accident and then discover that the party who caused the accident has no insurance you would no doubt be very concerned.  However there is an organization who steps into the breach in these situations called the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB).  The MIB is a public body funded by those of us who do have insurance as part of our insurance premiums.  The MIB step into the shoes of where an insurer would have been to deal with your claim.  You should be able to receive the full amount of compensation that you would be entitled to for your vehicle damage, hire, depreciation and injuries as applicable.

    If necessary you are entitled to issue Court proceedings against the uninsured driver and the MIB will act as if they were an insurer to deal with those proceedings.  Whatever award a Judge gives you will be paid for by the Motor Insurers Bureau.

    Have you been involved in an accident with an uninsured driver?  If so why not contact us urgently to-day on 028 90 365955 to arrange a FREE INITIAL INTERVIEW to discuss your claim. 

    Untraced Motorist Claims

    There are two different scenarios in relation to untraced motorists namely where the driver of the vehicle is untraced and where the actual vehicle itself is untraced.  If you have been involved in a car accident involving a stolen vehicle you may well find that the other driver flees the scene of the accident.  If they cannot be traced they are what is known as an “untraced driver”.  However they have of course left the vehicle behind at the scene so the vehicle is not untraced.  The Motor Insurers Bureau will step into the breach and deal with your vehicle damage and personal injury claim and other financial losses.

    There is another situation which can arise whereby you have been the victim of an accident but the actual vehicle that caused the accident is unknown.  This can happen in a number of ways, for example you can hear a bump in the night and go out to find that your car which was parked in the street has been hit by a motorist who has driven on and cannot be traced.  In these situations the MIB will only deal with an injury claim so are not able to help you as there was no-one in your vehicle.

    However there are situations where you can have a claim for injuries with an untraced vehicle.  For example if you are driving along and there is an oil spill on the road and your vehicle goes out of control into a hedge and you are involved in an accident it is reasonable to assume that that oil spill was caused by another vehicle leaking oil onto the road.  In those situations the MIB will normally deal with your injury claim.

    Another example is where you are hit by another car which speeds off from the scene and cannot be traced but you have suffered an injury whilst driving your own car.  Again you can claim.

    A further example is where you are a pedestrian and you are hit by a passing motorist who speeds off.  Again, as you have sustained injury you can claim from the MIB.

    We offer specialized advice on how you should proceed and a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.  Why not telephone us today on 028 90 365955 urgently for advice in relation to your claim?

    Call us for a FREE CONSULTATION or to speak to a Solicitor on 028 90365955

    Free Consultation


    Gray Magee Solicitors

    2O Hillview Avenue
    Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim
    BT36 6AE

    Tel: 028 90365955
    Email: info@graymagee.com


    Recent News

      Why did he want to claim against British Airways?


      It has been reported in the local media, including on the BBC website 16th December 2018, that there has been a big increase in recorded hit and run road traffic collisions.